Silver price in wrong currency from Finance::Quote

Brendan Macpherson brendan at brendio.com
Sat Feb 6 01:25:23 EST 2010

I have just entered my silver coin collection into gnucash to track the
bullion value of the silver they contain. I have added the weight of silver
in troy ounces in a bank account with currency as silver. I manually enter
the exchange rate to give the purchase price in my base currency (AUD).

I have set up Finance::Quote to retrieve to silver spot price, which it
does, but it stores the USD price it retrieves as the AUD:XAG exchange rate
rather than in USD, so in my account view it now shows the USD value of my
coins as the AUD amount. I cannot find a way to change XAG in the security
editor to set the retrieved rate as in USD. I can manually set the retrieved
quotes individually to USD, and then the account view shows my correct AUD
value, but it does not currently work automatically as expected. I am using
version 2.2.9 on Windows.

Brendan.