Two questions about UK VAT layout and Invoice report layout

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Sun Feb 7 05:59:33 EST 2010

On Sunday 07 February 2010 09:59:58 DSElectronics wrote:
> Morning
>

> How best to create a fancy Invoice layout similar to the one generated in
> quickbook simple start 2008?
>

> I'm using gnucash to replace Quicken 5 for windows (I know very old account
> package.) But, it worked for me for many years. But, I can no longer used
> this package in Windows 7. My question is how to setup the UK VAT layout.
> used to calculate the VAT return, In quicken I just add the start & end
> dates. The VAT is calculated I just transfer details to the VAT return
> form.

Hi,

I found these two threads very useful when setting up VAT accounts in  GC,
many years ago...

https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2003-July/007526.html
contains all the CoA structure etc.

https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2003-July/007560.html
(scroll down somewhat to 'notes' section) contains all the explanatory notes
for the earlier post.

another place to look for info is http://gnucash.wikia.com - the creator of
that site said

<SNIP>
Yesterday I started my second attempt to configure and use GnuCash for
UK VAT flat rate cash based accounting system.

I order not to muck up the main gnucash wiki I created a new one at
http://gnucash.wikia.com  It is public, anyone can edit.
<SNAP>

I had a look a while back, and it seems a fairly comprehensive step-by-step
guide to get started with.

HTH,
Maf.

HTH,