Newbie having problems

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 22 10:55:47 EST 2010

Hi,

Norman <norman.bearon at btinternet.com> writes:

> I have tracked it back to find an xac file that will open (one created
> during the last session), followed by 2 log files, after that none of the
> xac files will open - I have not read up enough yet to know whether I can
> use these to recreate a session - advice would be much appreciated please.
> Can I re-run one log file at a time, saving as a new file name as I go until
> I find what has caused the error - can I interpret a log file to understand
> exactly what was being done at that moment - should I be looking for
> anything obvious in the log file?

Are you willing to share the last-working and first-non-working .xac
file with a developer?

> Any idea what may be going on or what I should do?

I would need to see the diff between the last working and the first
non-working data files in order to see what changed and maybe guess
what's going on.

> I have also noticed a problem in the new account set-up - no doubt already
> posted - in that the opening balance tab just seems to pass through
> jibberish in the date field - I did the opening balances manually.

First I've heard of this..  File a bug report and supply screen shots?