config file

Jason Dunham jwdunham at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 20:41:13 EST 2010

I'm trying to make a custom report in GnuCash 2.2.9 running on Windows 7.
 According to http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Custom_Reports it says

In your home directory, edit ~/.gnucash/config.user to add a line of the
form:

    (load-from-path "/path/to/my/personal/report.scm")

However, I can't find a config.user file in any of the Windows user
directories like C:\Users\jdunham\.gnucash
or C:\Users\jdunham\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\gnucash

There is a hierarchical set of "%gconf.xml" files
in C:\Users\jdunham\.gconf\apps\gnucash, but I didn't see anything directly
relevant to the custom reports.

I tried making a new config.user file with the above line (with the correct
path), and I dropped it in both  C:\Users\jdunham\.gnucash
and
C:\Users\jdunham\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\gnucash
but it didn't cause the my modified custom report to show up. Not too
surprising since I was just guessing.

Does anyone know where I should find or create this file?  Are there any
other tricks to using Custom Reports under Windows?

Thanks,
Jason Dunham