income/expense account ignored in reporting

jacques pecreaux at mpi-cbg.de
Fri Jan 8 04:14:14 EST 2010

Dear list members,

I experience a diffuculty (some transactions are missing) in using the income statement or equally cash flow using Mac OS X (Leopard up to date, and gnucash as proposed in the stable branch of fink, also up to date... all in english).
In further details, I have a bank account A in which money enter from an income account B (which was auto generated by importing account from an old quicken file. Thus it contain a subaccount. However the transaction are done in the topmost account). In the bank account transactions are reconciled. When I generate a report (any kind it seems), all transaction of account B are ignored. Inspection of this account show no difference with other account that do appear in report. I of course restarted the computer, etc...
Furthermore, account ignored in reporting are always the same from a run to the next.
Could you suggest me any troubleshooting method or any way to investigate the issue. I might also have missed a setting or concept that determined which account is enabled? (Of course all incomes/expenses account are equally selected in the list (income statement) or deselected (cash flow). I find nothing helpful in the documentation (website) or the wiki.

Many thanks in advance for your help

Best Regards

Jacques Pecreaux