Getting started with a budget

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Mon Jan 11 17:40:20 EST 2010

>>I am missing something, right?
>>

>The budget is saved in the same data file as the books, so it already
>associated.  I think the "Open Budget" wording is confusing.  Maybe that's the
>problem?
>
>The budgeting feature has a wide variety of quirks needing attention.  It should
>be considered an experimental feature, although there's nothing in the UI to
>indicate that.  Be prepared to play around a lot.
>
>-Forest

Yes? Saved in the same file as the books? Perhaps misunderstanding my
problem?

HOW do I select that "same file"? How do I choose WHICH of the many
"books" files (possibly in many different directories). When I say that
I want to "open" (a set of books) I get to choose WHICH books I meant to
open (the books for which organization, for example).

Is this perhaps that I don't have ANY "books" files in the default
directory (and the selection opportunity that "open books" provides
hasn't yet been provided for "budget")

Michael

--
There is no possibility of social justice on a dead planet except the equality of the grave.