Getting started with a budget

Mike Leone turgon at mike-leone.com
Mon Jan 11 20:20:36 EST 2010

Mike or Penny Novack had this to say:

>>> I am missing something, right?
>>>

>> The budget is saved in the same data file as the books, so it already
>> associated.  I think the "Open Budget" wording is confusing.  Maybe
>> that's the
>> problem?
>>
>> The budgeting feature has a wide variety of quirks needing attention.
>> It should
>> be considered an experimental feature, although there's nothing in the
>> UI to
>> indicate that.  Be prepared to play around a lot.
>>
>> -Forest
>>

> Yes? Saved in the same file as the books? Perhaps misunderstanding my
> problem?

1 set of "books" = 1 data file. They mean the same thing; it's just a
different way of expressing it.

So you can have many reports and/or many budgets, all within one set of
books (meaning all within your 1 data file).

So when you open a data file, you are opening that particular set of
books. You can have multiple sets of books - one for personal, one for
the business, etc. Each set of books will be a single data file.

That help any?