New user: can I name "categories" after importing qif files

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 29 10:46:07 EST 2010

choochoobazoo <richardbrownipswich at hotmail.com> writes:

> So the answer is "No"? In my question I said I wanted to define categories
> "for all the items which have the same description, not just for each
> individual item". You have only mentioned changing individual items, which I
> was already aware of. Remember I am asking about doing this when the bank
> statement has already been loaded into the program. Thanks.

There is no way to operate on multiple transactions simulataneously.
However, during the IMPORT process you can assign them, and it will map
all the transactions accordingly.   I recommend you spend the time
mapping in the importer session; it'll probably be faster than doing the
mapping by hand later.