New user: can I name "categories" after importing qif files

Michael DeBusk michael at nlphilia.com
Fri Jan 29 11:51:54 EST 2010

On 01/24/2010 04:16 PM, choochoobazoo wrote:

> Can I define categories later on?

If I were in this position, I'd open the QIF file in a good text editor
or a word processor and add the "categories" (the account names) that
way. The file format isn't difficult. (The line for the account for
Starbucks would look like "LExpenses:Caffeine".)

I think it'd go a lot faster than doing it during import because you
have the advantages of searching and copy/paste.

--
()  ascii ribbon campaign     * against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org       * against proprietary attachments