Help on opening accounts

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 10 19:34:10 EDT 2010

There was a long thread in April from a user describing similar problems, which a Google search turns up:

http://readlist.com/lists/gnucash.org/gnucash-user/3/19040.html

I don't know how it turned out, but it sounds like your problem.

If you don't have permission to save settings, then you won't see a recent files list, since that would have to be written into the settings folder.

The question about what your Windows User name is (as the other responder mentioned) may also play into this; I seem to recall that some Windows user names would result in a path that Gnucash barfed on.

David