Odd Register Behavior When Trying to Add An Account

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 28 13:29:12 EDT 2010

--- On Wed, 7/28/10, Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> From: Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU>
> Subject: Re: Odd Register Behavior When Trying to Add An Account
> To: "David T." <sunfish62 at yahoo.com>
> Cc: "Users Gnucash" <gnucash-user at gnucash.org>
> Date: Wednesday, July 28, 2010, 9:52 AM
> "David T." <sunfish62 at yahoo.com>
> writes:
>
> > While I understand (given my experience with Gnucash)
> that there is a fundamental difference between Tab and Enter
> in the Gnucash realm, I think the distinction here is far
> too subtle. (For what it's worth, I think the distinction
> generally is far too subtle)
> >
> > Should this be filed as a bug report, or is this
> simply an extension of How Things Are In Gnucash?
>
> Either are appropriate.

Going with the latter (since GnuCash makes the distinction between Tab and Enter in many places), is there any place in the documentation that clearly outlines the fact that there IS a difference between Tab and Enter? It would seem to me that having such a definition--one that explains what the difference is, why it exists, and what the practical effects are in various situations (such as entering a transaction or adding an account)--would be very useful.

I'd write such a definition up, if I knew the what where and why, and then could figure out where best to put the resulting text.

David