Fedora 13 gnucach 2.3.13

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Wed Jun 23 07:20:38 EDT 2010

At Wed, 23 Jun 2010 12:53:08 +0200 "Stephen J. Gowdy" <gowdy at cern.ch> wrote:

> Hi All,
>  	So I've just updated to Fedora 13 and want to use gnucash. It
> comes with the above version. I read here that the Fedora maintainer asked
> which to use and was told 2.3.x;
>
> https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2010-June/035223.html
>
> But it also says in that thread I shouldn't use 2.3.x in production...
> well what should I do???? Find 2.2.x that works on Fedora 13 or trust
> 2.3.13 with my personal finance?
>
>  						regards,
>
>  						Stephen.

One could also argue that you should not use Fedora for production in
general -- Fedora Core is a beta-test platform, so for Fedora to use
beta test code makes some kind of sense.  No, you should probably NOT
trust GnuCash 2.3.x with your personal finances (I wouldn't), unless you
really know what is going on.  You could either download and build a
2.2.x version from source or see if gnucash-2.2.7-1.el5 (from EPEL's
RHEL5 repo) will install under FC13.

--
Robert Heller             -- Get the Deepwoods Software FireFox Toolbar!
Deepwoods Software        -- Linux Installation and Administration