Invoice API

Don Quixote de la Mancha quixote at dulcineatech.com
Mon Mar 1 00:47:49 EST 2010

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 9:13 PM, Munroe Sollog
<sollog at digiraticonsulting.com> wrote:
>  I searched around this list a bit but didn't see any
> mention or request for an api to add invoices from another
> application.  We have our invoicing system online so customers can
> view their invoices.  At the moment I am entering them in again to
> gnucash for accounting purposes.  Is there any plan to allow for an
> appropriate API to programmatically add an invoice?

The GnuCash data file is just an XML file.  It's normally compressed,
but there is a Preference you can set to keep it uncompressed.

As long as you're careful not to edit the file while GnuCash has it
open, it ought to be possible to write some code that would insert the
proper XML for an invoice right into the file.

Don Quixote
--
Don Quixote de la Mancha
quixote at dulcineatech.com