How do I import OFX files?????

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Wed Mar 3 04:27:30 EST 2010

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010, Bob Smits wrote:
> I create a new GC file called Bob&Betty with empty accounts.
> I import one of the files called statement.ofx
>
> I get a pop up window called generic import transaction matcher. It's
>  EMPTY!
>
> What am I supposed to match to what?

The problem is exactly here.
You made an empty account, and so the matcher cannot match anything
You have to open in the correct account, else there is nothing to match.
It is in fact quite logical, that you have this result.

If this cautious, you need a duplicate of your file.

--
Fame is a vapor; popularity an accident; the only earthly certainty is
oblivion.