How do I import OFX files?????

Bob Smits bob at rsmits.ca
Wed Mar 3 16:50:56 EST 2010

On March 3, 2010 01:27:30 am Elizabeth Dodd wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2010, Bob Smits wrote:
> > I create a new GC file called Bob&Betty with empty accounts.
> > I import one of the files called statement.ofx
> >
> > I get a pop up window called generic import transaction matcher. It's
> >  EMPTY!
> >
> > What am I supposed to match to what?
>
> The problem is exactly here.
> You made an empty account, and so the matcher cannot match anything
> You have to open in the correct account, else there is nothing to match.
> It is in fact quite logical, that you have this result.
>
> If this cautious, you need a duplicate of your file.

I don't understand, Elizabeth. I want to import records to a new file because
I don't want to enter three years of data by hand.

Do you mean I need to open the chequing account and then import?

The file has a chequing account, a savings account, a mortgage account, etc.

Why can't I match records in the statement.ofx to these accounts?
Robert Smits Email bob at rsmits.ca