How do I import OFX files?????

Bob Smits bob at rsmits.ca
Wed Mar 3 17:09:54 EST 2010

On March 3, 2010 01:27:30 am Elizabeth Dodd wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2010, Bob Smits wrote:
> > I create a new GC file called Bob&Betty with empty accounts.
> > I import one of the files called statement.ofx
> >
> > I get a pop up window called generic import transaction matcher. It's
> >  EMPTY!
> >
> > What am I supposed to match to what?
>
> The problem is exactly here.
> You made an empty account, and so the matcher cannot match anything
> You have to open in the correct account, else there is nothing to match.
> It is in fact quite logical, that you have this result.
>
> If this cautious, you need a duplicate of your file.

Further to my earlier reply, Elizabeth.

I had an old copy of Bob&Betty from 2006 with transactions in it and I tried
to import into that with the same result. Is this because the matcher is
trying to match existing transactions that are already entered in the account?

(And there are no 2006 transactions in the Bob&Betty file?)
Robert Smits Email bob at rsmits.ca