Split transactions show in register multiple times

Brendan Simon Brendan at BrendanSimon.com
Mon Mar 8 19:37:21 EST 2010

I am seeing split transactions show up in transaction registers multiple
times (for the one split transaction).

Example:  I have a split transaction for an Option Trade where there is
premium and commission.  The premium increases the asset account and
increases the income account, and the commission decreases the asset
account and increases the expense account.  In my account register I see
this transaction on two lines, with separate amounts for the premium and
commission values.  Both say Split Transaction.

This is very confusing.  Is this normal ??
I don't recall seeing this in earlier versions of GnuCash.  Maybe it's
the OS X 2.2.9 (2.2.9.4) port ??

Thanks,
Brendan.