Split transactions show in register multiple times

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 21:27:07 EST 2010

If you have multiple lines affecting the same account, then, yes, the transaction will appear multiple times in the register, one for each split in the transaction. It may seem confusing to you, but that is, after all, what you are telling Gnucash to do.

If this bothers you, you might try using a separate sub-account for one portion of the transaction. This will at least hide *that* line from the current register. (You can still reconcile from one window by using the include sub-accounts option).

David