Tithing sales

John Garber gcques at nb.net
Wed Mar 10 03:36:06 EST 2010

I've just started to use GnuCash for a small business.  I would like to tithe
sales to an "unpaid tithe" liability account that would be "depleted" when I
write a check to pay the tithe.  The Sales are deposited in a checking account.
 I tried transferring money from the sales account to the unpaid tithe liability
account, but that affects the total sales shown in reports (decreases it by 10%).
How can I increase the "unpaid tithe" liability account (debit??) without
affecting the total shown for the "Sales" account?