copy and/or paste does not work in OS X 2.2.9.4

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Mar 16 22:25:43 EDT 2010

On Mar 16, 2010, at 3:31 PM, Brendan Simon wrote:

> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Is there any planned bug fix releases ??  Either OS X 2.2.9.5, or a
> 2.2.10 release ??
>
> I know there is a lot of work going on in the 2.3 series, so maybe I
> just have to wait for the official release of 2.3 (or is that 2.4).
> Is there any 'rough' date of when 2.3 (2.4) is likely to be released ??
> Are we close or far away ??
>
> With respect to triple clicking, what I really meant was selecting all
> words in a register field, as opposed to the entire transaction or
> split.  e.g. selecting the all text in the 'memo' field ... so that I
> can copy and paste that info to other memo fields :)

Short answer: no.

WRT the copy/paste problem, no, I don't think anyone over in Gtk+ land is working on it, so there's nothing for the near term. At some point I might get some time to look at it, but I've got more pressing problems to work on.

AFAICT, double-clicking in a register transaction field selects the whole field; there's no function in that type of control (again, at the Gtk+ level) for double-click selecting single words. But given that the highlighting doesn't work, it's a bit hard to tell. I thought that this was also a gtk-quartz issue until Derek mentioned it a few months ago, referring to a Linux build. It may be an artifact of the text control used by whoever implemented the register display during the 2.0 conversion from GTK1 to GTK2. (That flavor of text control is not well implemented in quartz, which is why pasting doesn't work.

Regareds,
John Ralls