copy and/or paste does not work in OS X 2.2.9.4

Brendan Simon Brendan at BrendanSimon.com
Tue Mar 16 18:31:37 EDT 2010

Thanks for your reply.

Is there any planned bug fix releases ??  Either OS X 2.2.9.5, or a
2.2.10 release ??

I know there is a lot of work going on in the 2.3 series, so maybe I
just have to wait for the official release of 2.3 (or is that 2.4).
Is there any 'rough' date of when 2.3 (2.4) is likely to be released ??
Are we close or far away ??

With respect to triple clicking, what I really meant was selecting all
words in a register field, as opposed to the entire transaction or
split.  e.g. selecting the all text in the 'memo' field ... so that I
can copy and paste that info to other memo fields :)

Cheers,
Brendan.

On 17/03/10 1:04 AM, John Ralls wrote:

> On Mar 16, 2010, at 4:33 AM, Brendan Simon wrote:
>
>> Copy and/or Paste does not seem to work in the OS X release 2.2.9.4.
>>
>> The edit menu flashes when the apple-C or apple-V keys combinations are
>> executed, but no data is pasted (editing a transaction).
>>
>> Also I noticed that double clicking to select a whole word, or triple
>> clicking to select an entire line, does not seem to work either.
>>
>> Is there something I have to do to enable this, or is there some other
>> work around ??
>> Is this a bug, and if so has it been reported ??
>>

> Both are known problems; the first is documented in the Readme-OSX which is in the DMG and also readable both from the Gnucash main webpage and the Sourceforge download page.
>
> Double-clicking does work, it just doesn't highlight the text. This has been discussed before; I thought that there was a bug on it already, but I couldn't find it just now.
>
> Triple-clicking doesn't select the whole line because a register is
more like a spreadsheet than a text document. Selecting the whole
transaction for editing wouldn't be meaningful.