copy and/or paste does not work in OS X 2.2.9.4

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Mar 16 10:04:24 EDT 2010

On Mar 16, 2010, at 4:33 AM, Brendan Simon wrote:

> Copy and/or Paste does not seem to work in the OS X release 2.2.9.4.
>
> The edit menu flashes when the apple-C or apple-V keys combinations are
> executed, but no data is pasted (editing a transaction).
>
> Also I noticed that double clicking to select a whole word, or triple
> clicking to select an entire line, does not seem to work either.
>
> Is there something I have to do to enable this, or is there some other
> work around ??
> Is this a bug, and if so has it been reported ??

Both are known problems; the first is documented in the Readme-OSX which is in the DMG and also readable both from the Gnucash main webpage and the Sourceforge download page.

Double-clicking does work, it just doesn't highlight the text. This has been discussed before; I thought that there was a bug on it already, but I couldn't find it just now. Triple-clicking doesn't select the whole line because a register is more like a spreadsheet than a text document. Selecting the whole transaction for editing wouldn't be meaningful.

Regards,
John Ralls