Gnucash crashing in Windows Maybe almost repeatable

trythis grahamlane at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 07:54:03 EDT 2010

Hello,
It seems that while sorting through a years worth of transactions,
(sometimes up to 30 that were made the same day) I have caused Gnucash 2.2.9
to crash quite often in the last few weeks.

I have given a lot of the frequent transactions code numbers and I can send
them off to the proper accounts pretty quick by mouse clicking on the
[uncategorized] account label, type in a 2 or 3 digit number and click the
next item, repeatedly and very quickly now after some practice. I have the
windows set to DoubleLine checked and Auto split ledger within the
uncategorized account page.

The problem is after sorting 5 to 8 of these in rapid succession, Gnucash
crashes.

I can recover the work easily writing the last log, so no worries realy, but
is this a bug that I can figure out why it happens, or will it just be that
the XML file is not getting enough time to finish the last entry.  (showing
my ignorance here surely)