bulk delete transactions

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz gnucash at numerixtechnology.de
Thu Mar 18 14:27:11 EDT 2010

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 09:56:06 -0400
Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz <gnucash at numerixtechnology.de> writes:
>
>> I have an account with a zero balance containing thousands of
>> transactions.
>>
>> I would like to delete all these transactions. I tried it by deleting
>> the account using the delete transactions option. However, this only
>> deleted the split in the deleted account and left me with thousands
>> of IMBALANCEs in the other account.
>>
>> Is there any way I can bulk delete these?
>
>Sorry, no.  There is no bulk transaction operation.
>
>You can start with an empty data file?

I don't understand.

I have a 33MB xml file with hundreds of accounts and tens of thousands
of transactions.

I would like to delete a few thousand transactions - all the ones
against above account.

If delete account doesn't delete the double entry, I can only see one
possible solution: move to SQL version and delete the records via SQL.
Would that work?

--

Best Regards,
Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz