Solved: Receivables Aging Misreporting

Pablo Francesca rshgeneral at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 18 15:54:14 EDT 2010

I had kept a backup copy, so  I wasn't worried about messing up anything.

In summary, (while I dont understand the math behind it, nor the reason it was caused), your advice did resolve the issue.  However, it was not necessary to delete all the payments.  All I needed to do was delete any auto-pay forward that did not correspond with an actual payment. There were three, the two we discussed and another one more recently.

For anyone who can benefit from this discussion in the future, be aware that the amount of the discrepancy between the two reports will not necessarily be related to the auto-pay forwards that you delete. For example, I initially started with a discrepancy of +125. I deleted an auto-pay forward for 850 with no effect on this amount.  I deleted an auto-pay forward of 750 and the discrepancy changed to -625.  Finally, I deleted an auto-pay forward for 500 and the two reports matched.