Online Banking

Rolf Endres endresr at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 19 07:35:04 EDT 2010

Dear List,

I am still struggling to repair my online banking setup. I have finally managed to move past
the stage of downloading the certificate, but I now get stuck on "getting system ID". The
following is the output in the progress window:

13:30:18 Executing HBCI jobs
13:30:18 AqHBCI started
13:30:18 Connecting to bank...
13:30:18 Resolving hostname "hbci.comdirect.de" ...
13:30:18 IP address is 193.41.132.11
13:30:18 Encoding queue
13:30:20 Sending queue
13:30:20 Connecting to bank...
13:30:20 TLS Handshake Error: -59 (GnuTLS internal error.)
13:30:20 Retrying to connect (SSLv3)
13:30:20 TLS Handshake Error: -59 (GnuTLS internal error.)
13:30:20 Could not connect to the bank
13:30:20 Unable to send (network error)
13:30:20 AqHBCI finished.
13:30:20 Finished. You may close this window.

So, clearly a TLS error or connection error. I have tried everything from clean install to
deactivating the firewall and simply googling the error... but no success. Any good ideas?

Rolf