bulk delete transactions

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz gnucash at numerixtechnology.de
Fri Mar 19 12:59:20 EDT 2010

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 07:27:57 -0500
Mike or Penny Novack <stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com> wrote:

>I live 20 miles from town. ...

I live 26m from town and only get the opportunity to bank cheques every
2-3 weeks.

>I record it as income as of that date against the asset "Undeposited
>Funds". When we next go to town to shop and I have a chance to get to
>the bank enter a transaction as of that date transferring between the
>bank account and Undeposited funds.

I do exactly the same with cheques: Asset.Cheques.

>You think that date information makes no difference?

I absolutely agree. I am about to write a reply Jeff's post, so don't
want to duplicate my thoughts here.

Talking of cheques:

I mainly use cheques to fund another one of my accounts. There is
always a huge delay until the receiving bank has processed account
opening and cheque and therefore you always have a date discrepancy.

Likewise with bank transfers between my own accounts. There is usually
a 2-working day delay and I often need to figure out the day of
receipt when looking at my accounts. In fact, it's one of the things I
am really interested in.

The only way to record the two dates is by posting to some other
account and then, two days later, from there to the receiving account.
I do not do that because it would make my statements totally
unreadable and difficult to reconcile.

Ideally, you would like each transaction to have 2 dates (send +
received).

--
Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz