eguile dev environment

Gour gour at gour-nitai.com
Fri Mar 26 15:26:46 EDT 2010

Hello,

I'm enthusiastic to acquire required skills in order to be able to
customize GNUCash reports...

In order to do that I'm running latest dev version of gnucash to take
advantage of new(er) eguile.

Otoh, I'd like (if possible) to experiment with invoicing (and others
as well) reports using guile's cli, i.e. to experiment in REPL by
having access to GNUCash's internal infrastructure and being able to
generate report by invoking relevant procedure defined withing
myreport.scm file.

To check what is available, I've found the following in dev's doc,
section 8.7. Creating Reports and Graphs with the note: This section
may need updating !!!

"It is possible to write reports if the current ones are not
suitable. To do this you will need to know Scheme (a LISP-like
programming language), and it is an excellent idea to have a copy of
the GnuCash source code available.

The reporting interface is documented in the source code file
src/report/report-system/doc/report-html.txt. The file
src/report/utility-reports/hello-world.scm in the GnuCash source
distribution provides a good example of how reports are developed.

It is also necessary to access data from the engine to get information
for your report. This is performed by a set of Scheme wrapper
functions that are documented in the file src/g-wrap/gnc.html. "

However, if I am correct, this is not the current situation, so I'd
like to get some more info how to take advantage of eguile mechanism?

I know about http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Custom_Reports_Using_Eguile
but looking for some more docs/explanation etc.?

Something along the line to understand what functionality is available
in the module after invoking:

(use-modules (gnucash main))
(use-modules (gnucash gnc-module))
(use-modules (gnucash business-utils))
(use-modules (gnucash report eguile-gnc))

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: F96FF5F6