Error parsing file C\gnucash\output\test2010 after create

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 27 17:14:26 EDT 2010

On 27 March 2010 20:36, RaPquest <genericem at nc.rr.com> wrote:

> Sorry - read email response (which didn't have everything in the reply).
>
> Tried removing test2010 then renamed test2010--.xac to test2010 (IE removed
> extension) but still get same parsing error.
>
> I screwed up when creating new register (file) and GC put it 'under' the old
> register (file) ... so that's an error for me to correct. But I can't launch
> GC without getting the parsing error ... and I  don't know how to get around
> it.

Try the next xac file back in time.  If that still fails then I think
it must be a problem with the gnucash install.  I would try
uninstalling it and re-installing.  Just make sure you keep a copy of
the accounts file.

Actually before that it might be worth making a new file (File New I
think).  Save that as another name, shut down and re-open gnucash.  It
should then open the new file.  If it gets a parse error then I think
it must be an install problem.

By the way, which version of gc are you using?  2.2.9 is the current
stable version.  2.3.x is the ongoing development version.

Colin

Colin