General Journal question.

Robin Laing MeSat at TelusPlanet.net
Tue Mar 30 23:03:37 EDT 2010

On 03/29/2010 04:13 AM, Mike or Penny Novack wrote:

>> I see that the other reports are for the current year only.  How can I
>> filter out just the current fiscal year for the General Journal.
>>
>> Robin
>>

> You start be asking for the report and then ...........
>
> Edit => Report Options
>  And you get a chance to change the specifications for a report. How
> deep to show nesting, how subtotals are to be handled, what accounts are
> to be included, and specific to your question, the effective dates for
> the report. Each time you change something the report will be
> regenerated according to your new choices.
>
> Michael

I just looked.

GnuCash 2.2.9

With the General Journal, there are no options for dates.  The General
Ledger has the options for dates.  The Ledger will do but it isn't as
nice as the Journal is.  The options you list I see under the Ledger.

I guess I will see if there is an RFE submitted.

Options for the General Journal are.

Display

  Date
  Num