Reconciliation Report

Joe Robin joe at myjdk.com
Mon Mar 29 22:17:55 EDT 2010

Hi all, I am new to GNUcash and have a question. I've used MYOB for many
years and have a decent knowledge of double entry accounting, and so far
GNUcash looks like an excellent FOSS replacement for MYOB. (I'm
transitioning from Vista to Linux Mint and would like to use FOSS as
much as possible. Additionally, MYOB will not print properly in Mint,
some kind of WINE problem.)

There is one feature I have been unable to find. I have gotten in the
habit of running a "Reconciliation Report" every time an account is
reconciled - this generates a PDF with the state of the account
immediately prior to completing the reconciliation, showing all
transactions I intend to reconcile, any outstanding transactions (checks
not cleared, credit card transactions not yet on the statement, etc).
This gives an electronic paper trail allowing me to reconstruct things
in case I ever mess up a future reconciliation. I can't seem to find
this feature in GNUcash. What I've been doing is capturing the screen to
a PNG file and outputting that to PDF, but this is not optimal. Is this
built into GNUcash? If not, are there any workarounds to accomplish what
I wish?

Thanks in Advance for any assistance you are able to provide.

Joe Robin