Error when trying to open file on Windows version

David A. Martz dmartz at cableone.net
Sun Oct 3 21:00:04 EDT 2010

Hello,

I have been using GnuCash on my Linux box for several months and love
it.    I would like to copy my account file over to my laptop running
windows and run gnu cash while I am on the road.  Unfortunately, when I
try loading the account file copied over from linux (non-compressed xml)
I get  the error:

"There was an error parsing the file <myTrackingFilename>"

I have read some bug reports stating that I might be able to fix this by
finding the bad xml in my trackingFile but I have not been able to do
so.  Does anyone know a solution for this?

Regards,

David Martz