Error when trying to open file on Windows version

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 5 03:05:02 EDT 2010

-On 4 October 2010 02:00, David A. Martz <dmartz at cableone.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been using GnuCash on my Linux box for several months and love
> it.    I would like to copy my account file over to my laptop running
> windows and run gnu cash while I am on the road.  Unfortunately, when I
> try loading the account file copied over from linux (non-compressed xml)
> I get  the error:
>
> "There was an error parsing the file <myTrackingFilename>"
>
> I have read some bug reports stating that I might be able to fix this by
> finding the bad xml in my trackingFile but I have not been able to do
> so.  Does anyone know a solution for this?

I think that if you can open the same file on the Linux version then
it is not bad xml in the file.  Are you using the same version of
GnuCash (2.2.9 or whatever)?  It is displayed on the startup splash
screen.

Alternatively are you certain you have copied the correct file?  You
could try opening it explicitly in the Linux version (File, Open) to
check.

Colin