Calculating Realized Gain

Mike C. subscribe307 at verizon.net
Sat Oct 9 16:29:41 EDT 2010

 I use the View Lots to calculate the gain on stock and mutual fund
sales.  It works great selecting the correct lots from several purchases
over the years that would be difficult to do by hand.  My problem is
that it uses the purchase price for the basis without taking into
account the commission.  The commission is included in the purchase and
sale transactions but I don't know how to comprehend this in the
realized gain without messing up the record of the basis or sales.  If
anyone has a solution for this I would appreciate an input.
Thanks,
Mike