Import wizard's "Smartness"

FireFly fireflys_98 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 10 10:53:01 EDT 2010

--- On Sun, 10/10/10, Oliver Schinagl <oliver at schinagl.nl> wrote:

> So to summarize, what should I do to make gnucash smarter
> when importing data? I can modify the csv file slightly (and
> the perl script) to make minor adjustments but I really am
> not looking forward on working on 5 years of bankstatements
> :(

For me at least, when I import and OFX and a "new unrecognized" transaction is in it, I have to provide the matching account. After I've done that next OFX I import seems to recognize "same" transactions and book them to the same account for me.

Does that help? So I guess I'd ask, have you tried a second import?

- James Duerr

E-mail: FireFlys_98 at yahoo.com
Discover a lost art - play Marbles. May 2004
www.marillion.com