Balancing checking account with bank statement

Diann dhayes at hornelaw.us
Fri Apr 15 08:52:08 EDT 2011

This worked in January with reconciling the bank balance.  However, with
February, it did not carry forward the ending balance from the previous bank
statement, which corresponds with the "beginning balance" on the bank
statement (which does occur with other accounting programs).  It carried
forward the computerized checkbook balance.  And, no, it did not work out OK
as it showed an out-of-balance difference of over $200.00.  The amounts of
the deposits matched the total deposits on the bank statement, and the
cleared checks matched the amount shown on the bank statement as well.  The
only difference was the beginning balance, and I do not know how to justify
or reconcile for that difference.

Thanks for your help.  Any other ideas?

Diann I. Hayes
Legal Assistant
Horne Law Firm, PLLC
2315 Market Street
Wilmington, NC 28403
Tel:  910.254.7901   Fax: 910.254.7903

The information contained in this e-mail transmission is privileged and
confidential and is intended for the sole use of the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent of the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any interception, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and
unlawful. If you have received this transmission in error, please
immediately notify the sender listed herein and delete the electronic file,
and destroy any print of the original message.