New account not showing in account tab

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Apr 18 22:25:47 EDT 2011

On Apr 18, 2011, at 5:47 PM, Frank Santoro wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using 2.4.4 in Ubuntu.  I added a sub-account to an investment account,
> but the account does not display in the accounts tab.  The account is there
> - I exported the account list and it's included; and I can transfer to and
> from the account in the register, but it won't display in the accounts tab.
> Not sure if this is a bug or not, a quick search of bugzilla didn't seem to
> turn up anything.
>
> I know I have 15 sub-accounts for the parent account in question.  Not sure
> if there's a maximum number of sub-accounts.

Perhaps you put it in the wrong place or marked it hidden by mistake... Open a register page for the account (you can do that by clicking on the account cell in a transaction in an account that's the "other" split, thin clicking the "jump" button). You'll be able to select Account>Edit and you can verify that the settings are correct.

Regards,
John Ralls