Selling shares in 2.4.x

Simon Lindgren simon.n.lindgren at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 14:10:20 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I've been using gnucash since the 2.2.x series and have previously sold
shares for profit and for loss using the method described at [1]
(Selling shares). In 2.4.7 though, I'm having trouble entering a
transaction such as the one described on that page. GnuCash does not
seem to allow a line containing no shares and no share price but still a
value in the buy or sell columns. Such lines get filled in automatically
with a share price of 1 and number of shares equal to the amount in the
buy/sell column. Is there a new way of doing this?

1: http://code.gnucash.org/docs/guide/invest-sell1.html

(First post to this list btw :))

--
Simon Lindgren