See below .LCK file cannot be opened

Mike Leone turgon at mike-leone.com
Tue Feb 1 10:18:04 EST 2011

On 2/1/2011 8:06 AM, Mike or Penny Novack wrote:

>> If you want a filename or directory with spaces, just enclose the entire
>> name with quotes ("This is my file").
>>
>> Ampersands (&) are a reserved system character, and so shouldn't be used.
>>

> The problem  is an "operating system" issue. Some of the stuff used by
> gnucash assumes that "&" is a special character because it in in the
> 'nix operating systems where these components came from (but it is a
> legal character in a Windows name).

The ampersand (&) is used to run multiple commands on one line in the
Windows shell, just like it does in *nix. It's a system symbol, like
pipe (|).

<http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/ntcmds_shelloverview.mspx?mfr=true>

Note

• The ampersand (&), pipe (|), and parentheses ( ) are special
characters that must be preceded by the escape character (^) or
quotation marks when you pass them as arguments.