Scheduled Transactions for Payroll - How to Show Overall Total on Current Account?

Jane Stowe jane.stowe.boyd at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 17:29:14 EST 2011

Hi Phil,

sorry it was wrapping....here's it in a grid so should be clearer.

   Assets:Current Account
EE Net Salary  Expenses:Payroll EE Gross Salary
 Liabilities: Tax1
EE Tax1  Liabilities: Tax2
EE Tax2  Liabilities: Tax1

ER Tax1  Expenses: Taxes                  ER Tax1

The problem wasn't gross salary from the current account, it was just I'd
like the bank statement total (e.g. 2000) to match against a Gnucash Current
account total, rather than having to add up the individual net salaries
showing up on the Gnucash current account (e.g. 500+500+750+250). The
problem is resolved by using an interim account (e.g. Liabilities:Payroll) &
posting the net salaries to this account rather than the current account &
then transfer the total from Liabilities:Payroll to the Current
account....then it's plain sailing for reconciling...happy days!