2.4.0 Windows version and using shared folders

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Wed Feb 23 18:02:54 EST 2011

On dinsdag 22 februari 2011, Iñaki Grao wrote:
> Russell,
>
> I'm using GnuCash running on Windows 7. The problem is that the shared
> folders maped to a network drive are not available to GnuCash's "open file"
> window, as seen on following image:
> http://img217.imageshack.us/i/gnucash242.png/   (F: is maped to "finanzas"
> shared folder, and that drive is not available to GnuCash, while it is
> available to other windows applications).
>
> I've tried GnuCash 2.4.2 on a Windows XP machine, with no problem at all.
>
> Any clue?

I wonder if the problem is that the share is not mounted yet (even though
Windows shows it in the list of available drives). I remember having similar
issues with a commercial database like that.

So what happens if you first double click on the "Finanzas" shared folder in
your explorer window to explicitly mount the shared folder, and only then
select open in GnuCash ?

Geert