2.4.0 Windows version and using shared folders

Iñaki Grao injaki at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 06:06:52 EST 2011

Hello Geert, thank you for your answer

I think that is not the problem. I experienced that problem before (with
Windows XP), but in this case that's not the problem. In fact, the share
(maped to drive letter F:) is always available to any other application, and
trying to force a mount as you propose does not solve the problem with
GnuCash 2.4  (GnuCash 2.2 have no problem in my case, with same PC and
environment).

As nobody tells that GnuCash 2.4 is *not* able for some reason to access a
Windows shared folder (Samba shared folder in my case) I understand that it
*is* able, so the problem resides somewhere in my environment. Am I right?

Thank you

                    Iñaki