GNU Cash installation issue

Ron Radke rlradke5 at att.net
Sat Feb 26 15:02:48 EST 2011

Hi Geert,

I have both computers open so I can compare them (the laptop for which
GnuCash works fine and the Desktop for which it doesn't). The first
difference that I notice is that the desktop does not have the .gconf
folder. (I'm quite sure the same install program was used to install on both
computers.)

Otherwise, the permissions look the same. For .gconfd and .gnucash folders
on both computers, System, Administrator, and User all have Full Control.

On both computers, the .gconfd has one file, saved_state. This file is dated
with last date the program was used, but it appears to be empty (0 KB and
empty when opened with Notepad).

I found about 50 trace files on the computer. Probably one for every time
I've opened the program. Interesting because I don't remember seeing error
messages. I'll attach all the ones that I think are different. The most
common one was the "CRIT <gnc.import.aqbanking> one. Next most common was
the simple one that only says "WARN <gnc.app-utils> Could not spawn perl".

Thanks.

Ron