AMEX, OFX, aqbanking, and all that

Jeff Kletsky gnucash at allycomm.com
Thu Jan 6 09:33:45 EST 2011

On 01/05/2011 01:42 PM, Martin Preuss wrote:
> [...]
> Anyway, you could also try setting up your AqBanking accounts with
> QBankManager (which is stuck with AqBanking4). You could then continue using
> those new settings transparently with your installed version of GnuCash.
> Hopefully QBankManager won't crash when setting up your accounts (I rarely
> tested this with GnuCash, only with QBankManager which worked well with my
> tests).
[...]

The same crash occurs in QBankManager v0.9.52.0beta, as packaged for
Ubuntu 10.10.

I'll next take a stab at seeing if it continues to occur for a user
without any ~/.aqbanking to see if that can get me going. If that does
not work, locallly building AqBanking5 (and recompiling GNUCash to link
to it) seems like the next step.

Thanks again!

Jeff