aqbanking wizard failing to match online account with gnucash account (non html version)

Donald Coleman don at coleman.org
Mon Jan 17 10:43:07 EST 2011

On 1/17/11 3:46 PM, John Ralls wrote:
> On Jan 17, 2011, at 5:02 AM, Donald Coleman wrote:
>
>> (sorry, I was sending an html formatted message, which had all contents deleted, and this now is also not digitally signed)
>>
>> The online banking options are grayed out for an account after I have matched it with an aqbanking account.  This is my first and only account in aqbanking.
>>
>> System : Snow Leopard, macports, gnucash 2.4.0 built from r19974M on 2011-01-16, aqbanking 4.2.4
>>
>>  From gnucash, I run "Tools/Online Banking Setup", click on "Start AqBanking Wizard", and successfully create an aqbanking user, "Get Accounts" succeeds, and the aqbanking account is created... I click on apply, forward, etc. and end up at the "Match Online Banking accounts with GnuCash accounts" window.
>>
>> It shows an account "XXXXXXXX at etrade.com (code (null))" for Online Banking Account Name.
>> I then  select the account I want it match to ... in this case an E*Trade brokerage account, click on Forward and then Apply.
>>
>> After all that, when I go into the account I matched it with, all the menu items under "Actions/Online Actions" are grayed out.
>>
>> Note that in the distant past I had online banking working with this account, but at some point (more then a year ago) my aqbanking configuration in gnucash disappeared after an upgrade -- and I now notice my .aqbanking directory contains both a settings.conf file (modification date from 2009) and a settings directory.
>>
>> Below I've added the block of data in the accounts file for this account.
>>
>> Any suggestions/ideas/help?
> Obnoxious as it sounds, try quitting and restarting Gnucash.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

I restarted gnucash prior to the original post.   Didn't change anything
(I'd also rebooted, but for different reasons).

I've now added a 2nd bank, and now the online actions are available for
both accounts -- but only after restarting gnucash.

So while it seems there is a bug there, it's no longer important to me...

Don