Cannot get a lock on File

Tim Scheidler timscheidler at cinci.rr.com
Tue Jul 19 17:47:15 EDT 2011

To whom it may concern,

     I came in to work yesterday and attempted to open Gnucash only to
discover that the program could not obtain a lock on my file. I had left
the computer on when I left work Friday, only 'switching users' to bring
it to the login screen while leaving my programs still running
(including Gnucash). I came in Monday and my computer had gone to sleep
and I couldn't wake it. I wound up having to push the reset button to
reboot the computer. I see that there is a .LCK file in my accounting
directory. How can I unlock my data files and are they now corrupted?
Will I have to go to an earlier data set and restore what I'm missing,
or can I simply delete the .LCK file?

Thanks,

Tim Scheidler