gnucash upgrade doesn't find my custom invoice, and doesn't use $ sign

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jul 28 10:34:28 EDT 2011

Hi,

Shane Litherland <litherland-farm at bigpond.com> writes:

> I also noted when starting gnucash with --debug from terminal, that the
> first message that comes up is:
> "WARN <Gtk> Locale not supported by C library.
> 	Using the fallback 'C' locale."
>
> So, still chewing this $ issue over...

This implies that the locale you have set it *not* installed properly on
your system.  I.e., the locale isn't supported by your system and
therefore GnuCash is falling back to the C (en_US) locale.

The fix is to make sure your locale is properly installed.  Methods to
do that are distro-specific.