gnucash upgrade doesn't find my custom invoice, and doesn't use $ sign

Shane Litherland litherland-farm at bigpond.com
Sun Jul 31 08:33:37 EDT 2011

Thanks to all that posted on the locale issue - I believe I have solved
it :-)

A few posts and websites pointed towards setting language/locale in
various locations by either editing the text files or running commands
in terminal; one particular web site had some feedback which solved the
issue even more simply: at the log-on screen for my distro
(ubuntu10.04), there is the option along the bottom of the screen to
choose language for each user. Although english (australia) was already
highlighted, I chose it again then logged in, and then, running locale
in terminal showed all the settings to be en_AU.utf8
previously they were just en_AU
this info seems to be stored in a ~/.dmrc text file.

so, something must have happened with an update of the ubuntu system
along the way...?

Now gnucash is happy to give me $ signs in my printable invoices
again :-)

thanks again folks,
Shane.