Online Banking Wizard Problem

Michael Alan Dorman mdorman at ironicdesign.com
Mon Jun 13 08:47:17 EDT 2011

TRoeschen <tomroeschen at att.net> writes:
> I have been using the online banking to import my credit card transactions
> from Citibank for the past couple years without any problems until recently.
> For the past couple weeks I am not able to receive any transactions.  I keep
> receiving an "Error parsing response" message.  I am currently using version
> 2.4.5 on Suse 11.4. I had the same problem using 2.4.
>
> Here is the message I received when I tried to retrieve my accounts again.
>
> 23:25:45 Parsing response...
> 23:25:45 Parsing response
> 23:25:45 Error parsing response

I would like to note that I am seeing a similar failure ("Error parsing
response"), but logging the actual OFX output doesn't show anything that
looks particularly wrong.  It didn't occur to me until just now to try
importing the logged OFX data directly, so I shall try that soon.

This does seems to have happened at the same time as my distribution
(Debian) made the transition to aqbanking 5.0.7.  I have, in the past,
run into the situation where changes I made in the online connection
editor caused problems, but at the time I simply restored my .aqbanking
folder from a backup and things started working again.  I hadn't made
any edits this time, so I don't know if that would be an effective
remedy.

Mike.