relocate gnome files

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Mon Jun 27 16:37:16 EDT 2011

HOME is the correct variable to override.

I think backslashes are treated special and may have to be escaped. Can you
try to use forward slashes instead of backward slashes ? That's counter
Windows habits, but the GnuCash code originates from linux.

So try with
HOME=C:/Program Files (x86)/gnuCash
instead of
HOME=C:\Program Files (x86)\gnuCash

But I would not advise to use the GnuCash program directory to store user
configuration data. In fact I'm not even sure Windows 7 will allow you to do
so. It would be better to use the directory Microsoft has defined for this,
like the %APPDATA% directory, like so:
HOME={APPDATA}/GnuCash

This will store all the relevant directories in
C:\Users\<your username>\appdata\roaming\GnuCash

Hope that helps.

Geert